Report Writer Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Date: August 15, 2017
Closing Date: November 21, 2017
Carminati Consulting is seeking a dynamic Business Analyst / Report Writer to join our team immediately to assist with the expansion of our IT consulting practice.
Carminati Consulting is an innovative IT consulting firm. Its experienced team offers unique solutions to web software application development, website design, and project management.
Carminati Consulting offers a friendly and very open and flexible environment in which candidates can grow their career and be exposed to exciting new projects. Our culture is very inclusive and we pride ourselves in supporting the development of our employees to become leaders in their space. Carminati Consulting is a young, exciting and fast-growing company in which talented and hardworking people can thrive and succeed in their personal and career goals.
Position: Report Writer / Business Analyst
Compensation: Salary Full-Time
- Develop screens in MS Dynamics AX, including both active Grids (such as Receiving), standard list views and query results
- Develop SSRS business intelligence solutions including reports, dashboards, scorecards and ETL
- Assisting users to understand Inquiry options available in Dynamics AX
- Administer report delivery including set up of reports for batch scheduling
- Deliver high quality, well written report code that is completed on time, is quickly-understood efficiently-supported, and easily-maintained by others
- Work on multiple projects at one time, with tight timeframes
- Coordinate with technical resources, as needed, to ensure clear project tasks, priorities and deadlines
- Provide post-delivery user support to client teams
- Create test scripts and perform user testing when required
- Effectively communicate technical components of an initiative to applicable internal and external parties
- Assist the internal team with the Discovery, Definition, Design, Development, Testing and Launch of client solutions
- Communicate updates, progress and risks to all internal stakeholders, assist with external communications as requested
- Attend status & client meetings when required
- Position may require onsite work at client locations throughout the Chicagoland Area
- Four years of SSRS experience
- Four years of SQL report writing and query experience
- Two years Microsoft Dynamics AX experience
- MS Power BI experience highly preferred
- Tableau reporting a plus
- Experience with SQL Server 2008, 2012
- MySQL proficiency a plus
- Knowledge of Force.com platform (including Sales Cloud and Service Cloud) a plus
- Programming with .NET C# or HTM a plus
- Experience with Visualforce, Apex, Triggers, Eclipse IDE, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) or Java-script a plus
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize work assignments, etc.
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels of personnel and management
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to balance varying priorities and handle multiple projects, with a high level of service orientation
- Maintain a proactive, results oriented attitude, with a superb work ethic, and the flexibility to work within an environment of constantly changing business processes, technologies, and environments
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, independent thinking, superior problem-solving abilities, strong planning/organization skills and keen attention to detail
- Possess a strong knowledge of current industry standards and technologies
- Enjoy pursuing learning opportunities beyond the scope of assignments
- Able to collaborate and work effectively with a remote team as needed
- Maintain a general understanding of the underlying business
- No relocation package offered
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE!