Location: Chicago, IL
Post Date: May 23, 2019
Carminati Consulting is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team to assist with the expansion of our web software application development, website design, and project management practice.
We are an innovative IT consulting firm that provides unique solutions to web software application development, website design, and project management. We pride ourselves on our hands-on approach and unmatched communication with our clients.
We have a friendly and open environment in which candidates can grow their career and be exposed to exciting new projects. We are a young, exciting and fast-growing company in which talented and hardworking people can thrive and succeed in their personal and career goals.
- Design and deliver custom-developed client solutions and third-party provider solutions, which typically involve:
- Leading functional requirements gathering sessions with clients
- Providing business systems analysis, and process redesign expertise
- Interfacing with internal teams to clearly define and document requirements
- Presenting business needs as a story and visualize requirements
- Identifying the desired “future state” solution/design
- Building consensus through collaborative analysis/design, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborating with development team to drive a system configuration that satisfies business needs
- Participating in system emergency or crisis situations to define/implement workaround processes, corrective action, communication, and system clean-up activities
- Participating in and/or coordinating required testing/validation of system functionality, enhancements and fixes, including the development of test scripts
- Coordinating with development team for resolution of defects or production issues
- Facilitating user training
- Consult with internal teams to ensure clear project tasks, priorities and deadlines, and to ensure project goals and tasks are being met on time and as expected
- Work closely with internal teams to prepare all project planning and execution documentation, including project plans, status meeting agendas and minutes, business requirements, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate weekly project status updates, progress and risks to internal and client stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing, including timely escalation of risks and issues
- Assist with business development efforts as needed
- Position may require onsite work at various client locations in the Chicagoland Area
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of consulting experience
- You have an extensive working knowledge of the software application development lifecycle
- You maintain a firm understanding of the needs/asks of business stakeholders and are able to critically evaluate a client request to clearly understand the underlying need
- You are effective in leading projects and teams, with both internal and external stakeholders, and working with a wide range of people, including senior leadership
- You are passionate about using technology to drive significant operational value/business benefits
- You are able to visualize big, “outside the box” solutions
- You demonstrate strong problem-solving and planning/organization skills
- You have a proven ability to develop solid business relationships with clients, including the ability to develop add on business
- You appreciate the importance of research in order to deliver a successful user experience
- You have experience in facilitating trainings and knowledge transfers to client personnel
- You possess strong written communication skills, including ability to produce detailed, comprehensive documentation that is grammatically correct, error-free, appropriately targeted, technically accurate and effective
- You exhibit strong verbal communication and meeting facilitation skills; must be charismatic, articulate, convincing and able to gain the confidence of others; communication, collaboration, and professionalism are essential in this role
- You thrive in highly collaborative project teams, consisting of both technical and business members (internal and client)
- You are able to balance varying priorities and handle multiple projects, with a high level of service orientation
- You maintain a proactive, results oriented attitude, with a superb work ethic and the flexibility to work within an environment of constantly changing business processes, technologies, and environments
- You enjoy pursuing learning opportunities beyond the scope of assignments
- You possess a strong knowledge of current industry standards and technologies
- You live in the Chicagoland area (No Relocation package offered)
- You have experience building, testing and deploying applications
- You have experience managing organizational change
- You have experience working with Government agencies and the healthcare industry
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE!